- 033-2560 3898
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) was started in the year 2009. The B.Tech course in this field is having an intake capacity of 60. We are now in the era of Computer Science & Engineering. Without knowledge of Computers mankind does not exists. All major activities of present Society is heavily dependent on this knowledge and this department is equipped to provide such knowledge to its students. Moreover, the students of this department are having a great placement opportunity in different ares of engineering.
- 1. The B.Tech course in CSE is under MAKAUT, West Bengal, Kolkata, India. The course is designed to cover most of the topics in Computer Science area including software and Hardware Engineering. The CSE students are expected to explore starting from the fundamental usage by naïve users, designing and developing application software, Hardware design to high level AI and soft computing tools.
- 2. Without Computer background any of the engineering fields is incomplete. CSE students are equipped to handle large volume of data in an organized way, so that this data volume can easily be changed without any inconsistency. In fact there is a huge scope of R&D.
- 3. After covering the core courses in Computer Science during the first six(6) semesters, the CSE students can opt for elective topics of their own interest. These elective courses are according to the modern technological developments.
- 4. In DSCSDEC the CSE department is equipped with very senior faculty members from leading Universities in India. The department is having five(5) well equipped computer laboratories and separate classrooms for each semester. The students of the department participate in INFOSYS Campus Connect programme on a regular basis.
In DSCSDEC we have all the laboratory facilities according to B.Tech (CSE) syllabus of MAKAUT.Existing laboratory are,
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Software tools Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Computer Architecture/organization Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- C Programming Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Computer Network Lab
- Algorithms Lab
- Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Project Lab
Events Organized by the DepartmentEvents Organized by the Department