The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) was started in the year 2009. The B.Tech course in this field is having an intake capacity of 60. We are now in the era of Computer Science & Engineering. Without knowledge of Computers mankind does not exists. All major activities of present Society is heavily dependent on this knowledge and this department is equipped to provide such knowledge to its students. Moreover, the students of this department are having a great placement opportunity in different ares of engineering.
- The B.Tech course in CSE is under MAKAUT, West Bengal, Kolkata, India. The course is designed to cover most of the topics in Computer Science area including software and Hardware Engineering. The CSE students are expected to explore starting from the fundamental usage by naïve users, designing and developing application software, Hardware design to high level AI and soft computing tools.
- Without Computer background any of the engineering fields is incomplete. CSE students are equipped to handle large volume of data in an organized way, so that this data volume can easily be changed without any inconsistency. In fact there is a huge scope of R&D
- After covering the core courses in Computer Science during the first six(6) semesters, the CSE students can opt for elective topics of their own interest. These elective courses are according to the modern technological developments.
- In DSCSDEC the CSE department is equipped with very senior faculty members from leading Universities in India. The department is having five(5) well equipped computer laboratories and separate classrooms for each semester. The students of the department participate in INFOSYS Campus Connect programme on a regular basis.
To address the challenges of societal needs and global industry requirements in the area of Computer Science & Engineering with state of art education and research.
- To provide an environment for education, research and development by imparting sound theoretical knowledge and practical skills in Computer Science & Engineering.
- To produce skilled graduate Engineers capable of designing solutions for industry and society.
- To inculcate work ethics and commitment in students for their future endeavors to serve socio-economic needs.
- To produce graduates with personal and professional responsibilities with dedication to lifelong learning.
- PO-1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science & Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to CSE
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, Formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems related to CSE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to CSE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- PSO1: Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyzes, design, implement and conduct research in the domain of Computer Science & Engineering.
- PSO2: Problem Solving Skills: Ability to apply computational technique and methodologies to solve problems using suitable mathematical analysis, data structure and suitable algorithm.
- PSO3: Ethics and Career Development: Inculcate skills required for a successful career in the industry, academic as well as research and development based on principles of software project management, teamwork and ethical practices and also nurture the quest for higher levels of knowledge.
- Graduates will work efficiently as computer science engineers revealing ethical knowledge and leadership qualities in multi-disciplinary areas.
- Graduates will accustom with varying technologies, tools and societal requirements.
- Graduates will design and develop solutions that meet individual and industry needs.
- Graduates will be motivated for life-long learning to adapt the innovation and changes through research and development
In DSCSDEC we have all the laboratory facilities according to B.Tech (CSE) syllabus of MAKAUT.Existing laboratory are:
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Software tools Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Computer Architecture/organization Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- C Programming Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Computer Network Lab
- Algorithms Lab
- Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Project Lab