The department of ECE was started in the year 2009 with the capacity of 60 intakes. In the year 2013 the intake was increased to 120. The department also runs the M.Tech course in COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING with 18 intakes started from the year 2013.
Becoming a Global Knowledge Hub, striving continuously in pursuit of excellence in Education, Research, Entrepreneurship and Technological services to the society.
- To create learning, development and testing environment to meet ever challenging needs of the electronic industry.
- To create entrepreneurial environment and industry interaction for mutual benefit.
- To become a global partner in training human resources in the fields of chip design, instrumentation and networking.
- To associate with internationally reputed Institutions for academic excellence and collaborative research.
- PEO1: Analyze, plan and apply the acquired knowledge in basic sciences and mathematics in solving Electronics and Communication Engineering problems with technical, economic, environmental and social contexts.
- PEO2: Design, build and test analog & digital electronic systems for given specifications.
- PEO3: Architect modern communication systems to meet stated requirements.
- PEO4: Work in a team using technical knowhow, common tools and environments to achieve project objectives.
- PEO5: Communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership qualities, exhibit professional conduct in their career and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- PSO 1: The ability to absorb and apply fundamental knowledge of core Electronics and Communication Engineering subjects in the analysis, design, and development of various types of integrated electronic systems as well as to interpret and synthesize the experimental data leading to valid conclusions.
- PSO 2: Competence in using electronic modern IT tools (both software and hardware) for the design and analysis of complex electronic systems in furtherance to research activities.
- PSO 3: Excellent adaptability to changing work environment, good interpersonal skills as a leader in a team in appreciation of professional ethics and societal responsibilities.
- Electronics and communication is a bridge course between software and hardware engineering. The ECE students get explored with the domain of modern telecommunication systems, fabrication of embedded system, mobile communication system, high frequency RF transmission etc. Every year highest number of students is placed from ECE department in different domains.
- Engineering fields of all aspects are incomplete without Electronics. ECE is basically a R&D oriented branch. Students will have maximum amount of opportunities while pursuing for their Masters.
- ECE students have the opportunity to opt for Communication Engineering, VLSI, Microwave Engineering, Optical Communication, Wireless and Mobile communication, embedded system, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Nanotechnology etc as their M.Tech course (highest number of options for Master degree).
- In DSCSDEC we have an ECE student forum IMPULSE. In This forum students can share their problems, their innovative ideas, and creative works with their fellow mates, seniors and faculties. The forum organizes project competition, technical quiz, industry level talk show on regular basis. This forum also publishes a wall magazine named "Secrets of Techie Brains" once in every two months.
- The students of the department participate in INFOSYS Campus Connect programme on regular basis. Throughout the year the 3rd and 4th year students undergo their Industrial training at BSNL, Indian Railway, Airport authority of India, Doordarshan, All India Radio and at many more reputed organisations.
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Analog Electronics Lab
- Solid State Device Lab
- Computer Architecture Lab
- VLSI Lab
- Analog & Digital Communication Lab
- DSP & Signal System Lab
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
- Antenna & Microwave Lab
- Advance Communication Lab (For M.Tech)
- Project Lab